Richmond region business, community, and governmental leaders have come together to form ForwardRVA, a coalition focused on creating an innovative reopening and planning framework.
The immediate focus is to support businesses in reopening and operating safely. In the days and weeks ahead, ForwardRVA will share tools and resources, which will include the perspectives of RVA’s restaurateurs, retailers, and small business owners.
To assist businesses in a responsible reopening, ForwardRVA will provide free Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) starter toolkits for RVA’s small, local, retail, and restaurant businesses with 25 or fewer employees that have remained open or are planning a future reopening. The toolkits include face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, “We’re Open” signage, and important safety information.
The toolkits will be available for pickup at several locations throughout the region on Wednesday, May 27th and Thursday, May 28th , 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Small business owners must register in advance for the toolkits and select their pickup location at forwardrva.com.
- Deep Run High School, 4801 Twin Hickory Road, Glen Allen
- Virginia Center Commons (Food Court), 10101 Brook Road, Glen Allen
- Richmond Raceway, 600 E. Laburnum Avenue, Richmond
- Arthur Ashe Center, 3001 N. Arthur Ashe Boulevard, Richmond
- Southside Community Center, 6255 Old Warwick Road, Richmond
- John Tyler Community College – Midlothian (Administration Building), 800 Charter Colony Parkway, Midlothian
- John Tyler Community College – Chester, 13101 Jefferson Davis Highway, Chester
- Southpark Mall (former Sears), 230 Southpark Circle, Colonial Heights
Because the toolkits contain starter quantities of PPE, recipients are encouraged to build up a proper supply for their employees and patrons according to the State’s Forward Virginia guidelines, which can be found at forwardrva.com.
ForwardRVA’s approach to reopening aligns with the Forward Virginia three-phased approach announced by Gov. Ralph Northam in late April. Both approaches follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines. For more information on the PPE Starter Toolkits, ForwardRVA and Forward Virginia, go to www.forwardrva.com.