Officially launched in 2009, at the height of the economic recession, Retail Merchant’s Think. Shop. Buy. Local (TSBL) program endeavored to raise awareness in the local Richmond community about the importance of thinking and shopping local.
A major initiative throughout the 2010s, TSBL has grown steadily over the past 10 years, serving as a community guide highlighting local shopping, dining, programming, and news from Retail Merchants members.
Today, the TSBL brand stands on its own, boasting its own website, bi-weekly newsletter, and social media platforms reaching thousands of engaged Richmond-area consumers, interested in supporting local businesses. Additionally, in the final hour of the decade, TSBL celebrated the launch of The Local Shop – curated shop showcasing local goods from members.
For members of Retail Merchants, the Think. Shop. Buy. Local brand serves as a conduit for amplifying their message; a way to reach thousands of like-minded potential customers who may not already know about their business.
Whether it’s through inclusion in the newsletter, sharing a post on social media, or utilizing The Local Shop to promote a new product, The Think. Shop. Buy. Local platform is a resource for RMA members – and we want to help you make the most of it in 2020.
How can members best utilize TSBL in 2020?
- Next time you have an event, tag Think. Shop. Buy. Local as a co-host on Facebook and it will automatically be added to the event calendar on the website, as well as on Facebook. Need help? Here’s a quick video tutorial.
- Use the hashtag #shoplocalRVA on social media posts
- Have something really big going on that you think consumers will want to hear about? Tell us about it!
- Consider selling the item in The Local Shop.
- Help spread the word by sharing your Think. Shop. Buy. Local decal on your storefront. Don’t have one? They are free for members, just drop us a line and we’ll get you one.