Retail Banker | Full-time
Full-Time positions available at our Chester, Tuckahoe Braches and our Headquarters located at 1801 Bayberry Court.
Visit our career page at www.vcb.bank
This position is responsible for demonstrating a passion for excellence while assisting new and existing customers with their immediate, short-term and long-term financial needs through the handling of the transaction, new account openings, and appropriate partner referrals and complying with regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Deliver outstanding service while performing a variety of customer transactions and inquiries in accordance with the Bank’s customer service standards and policies/procedures (e.g., handling deposits, check to cash, account holds, customer inquiries and stop payments)
• Offer guidance to customers and provide a full spectrum of customer services, including opening new business and personal accounts, explaining bank products and services which are appropriate to customer’s needs, and gathering information needed to accurately and efficiently process new and existing accounts.
• View the business through the lens of the customer to set, achieve and exceed service standards by adhering to established Service Quality Standards.
• Achieve individual sales goals. Support accomplishment of branch sales goals by identifying customer needs and promoting/selling the Bank’s products/services; including, but not limited to cross-selling products/services to expand customer relationships, promoting the bank through community involvement, attending networking events, and referring business to other branch employees and business partners.
• Develop strong customer relationships through performing new account follow-up (e.g., Thank You letters, outbound calls and utilization of the Onboarding process) for business and personal accounts and performing account maintenance, including, but not limited to reviewing reports and making/confirming necessary maintenance requests in a timely manner.
• Identify opportunities to grow relationships and independently call on and develop new, existing and prospective consumer and business customers.
• Complete arrangements and documents for special services such as foreign currency/items, direct deposits, the origination of outgoing wires and other customer services duties, as necessary.
• Stay informed of industry trends, competitor information, and maintains knowledge of the Bank’s products/services and pricing; utilize software to identify customers’ needs and refer to other lines of business such as Mortgage, Investments, Insurance, Small Business, and Commercial Lending as needed.
• Perform branch functions and support other branch employees or job duties including but not limited to, servicing overdrawn/past due accounts, night depository responsibilities, OFAC review, ATM management, vault, main vault, night depository responsibilities, and opening. Plan, monitor and adhere to the cash requirements of the branch’ place cash order and prepare the shipment.
• Adhere and help to ensure adherence to operational guidelines including, but not limited to cash handling, balancing, and work quality standards as outlined in the Cash Handling, Over/short and other bank policies. Audit drawers and perform spot checks on cash drawer limits when necessary. Plan, monitor and adhere to the cash requirements of the branch; place cash order and prepare the shipment.
• Endure satisfactory audit ratings are achieved at the branch level. Could be responsible for completing the branch’s Monthly operational reports, creating documentation specific to other operating policies/procedures.
• May provide Notary services, Signature Guarantee and serve as back up for branch leadership when necessary.
• Embrace cross-training on other responsibilities in an effort to develop and grow professionally. Demonstrate ongoing improvement in all areas of performance.
• Maintain compliance with and adhere to all state and federal regulations and bank policies and procedures, including, but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, SAR, CTR, FACT ACT, Community Reinvestment Act, and EEO/AA/Fair Employment Practices.
• Perform other such duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Branch Manager or Regional Manager.
Education & Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of one-year experience in cash handling/customer service, as well as sales experience, focused on cross-selling products and services required
Knowledge & Skills
• Ability to successfully complete in-house training or other approved training program
• Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal and external customers, including customer confidentiality
• Ability to ask questions to uncover and identify varying customer needs; ability to present features and benefits effectively and provide sound financial guidance
• Cash handling and transaction accuracy
• Highly motivated and detail-oriented individual
• Ability to effectively work on a team
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and oral communication skills: strong listening skills
• Strong computer skills relevant to Micro Office Suites (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Comfortable with a fast-paced, multi-task environment
• Decision-making/problem resolution
• Demonstrated track record of meeting sales and service goals