In 1919, Conrad Hilton bought a small 40 room hotel in Cisco, Texas after his planned purchase of a bank fell through. That somewhat spontaneous investment in the Mobley Hotel sparked the start of what would become the world’s first global hotel brand, Hilton. Today, Hilton celebrates 100 years of hospitality across 17 brands and more than 5,700 properties around the world.
“One hundred years ago, Conrad Hilton had a noble idea that travel can make the world a better place,” said Chris Nassetta, President and CEO of Hilton. “That deep-rooted sense of purpose has fueled our transformative impact all across the globe as we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests, employed more than 10 million Team Members, and contributed $1 trillion in economic impact.”
Indeed, the brand whose innovative hotels brought the world the piña colada (Caribe Hilton, Puerto Rico) and the brownie (Palmer House Hilton, Chicago) has left an indelible impact on local economies around the world.
Locally, 18 Richmond area properties, including two full-service hotels – the Hilton Richmond Downtown and Hilton Richmond Hotel and Spa Short Pump, carry the Hilton flag, welcoming travelers from around the world to experience all that the river city has to offer.
Congratulations on 100 years to our Richmond Hilton properties, and here’s to 100 more.
- Doubletree by Hilton
- Embassy Suites Richmond
- Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond – Downtown
- Hampton Inn Airport
- Hampton Inn Chester
- Hampton Inn Petersburg Southpark Mall
- Hampton Inn Petersburg/Hopewell
- Hampton Inn Richmond – South
- Hampton Inn Richmond – Mechanicsville
- Hampton Inn Richmond – Southwest – Hull Street
- Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
- Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South/Southpark
- Hilton Richmond Downtown
- Hilton Richmond Hotel and Spa Short Pump
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond – Airport
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond – Downtown
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond – West End/Innsbrook
- Virginia Crossings Hotel and Conference Center – Tapestry by Hilton