Since 1928, James River Transportation has guaranteed safe rides for patrons with consistency and dedication to safety. With June being National Safety Month, it is important to recognize the steps James River Transportation has taken to ensure the wellbeing of passengers. The company has shown leadership in the transportation industry by adopting several programs to keep customers safe. Here are a few examples of James River Transportation’s commitment to safety:
- Retrofitted their entire fleet with seat belts in 2013
- Performs comprehensive national and local background checks of drivers
- Utilizes satellite vehicle tracking services for location and speed monitoring
- Uses video event recording to monitor driving performance
- Utilizes driving simulators to allow drivers to practice avoiding crashes, driving in severe weather, and reacting to equipment failures
- Screens for, monitors, and treats drivers for Sleep Apnea
With facilities in Norfolk and Richmond, James River Transportation provides full-service transportation and event-planning from Piedmont to Tidewater. The company also has on-site operations at both the Richmond International Airport and the Norfolk International Airport. Services offered include motorcoach and minicoach transportation, convention shuttles, airport transfers, transportation management, and contract services.
In continual operation for over eighty-nine years, James River Transportation is a Certified Member of the International Motorcoach Group (IMG), an invitation only partnership of the top transportation companies on the continent. Members of IMG are committed to high levels of safety, service, and reliability. James River Transportation is dedicated to the safety and comfort of all passengers.