While commercial businesses have been drawn to the virtues of Hosted VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) for more than a decade, schools are now starting to switch their traditional phone systems to Hosted VOIP as well.
Schools need a secure, reliable, and cost-effective communications network in this era of security threats, instant communication, and budget cuts. Hosted VOIP can now meet these needs more easily than ever.
Simplicity VoIP has worked with area schools to reduce:
- capital expenses (elimination of “equipment closet”)
- voice and monthly costs
- operation costs by using a “summer turn-down” service
TIME & RESOURCES
- ability to manage features independently online
- on-site installation and training
- 24/7/365 client service support
- service technicians ready to deploy for expedited service
- affordable hardware (allowing phones in every classroom for security purposes)
- Intercoms in each classroom for hands-free communication, or to monitor activity in the event of an emergency
Schools today often outsource IT support due to financial constraints. With Simplicity VoIP, standard technical support comes at no-charge with Hosted VOIP. Simplicity has developed a unique platform to address the various security, efficiency, financial and accessibility needs of schools across the Commonwealth.
School Case Study
In 2016, Simplicity VoIP worked with St. Andrew’s School located in Oregon Hill in the city of Richmond to develop a Hosted VoIP solution that addressed their specific challenges:
- An obsolete premise based phone system was not providing the open communication network the school required
- As a non-profit, tuition-free school educating the under-served of Richmond, financial resources were limited
- A tight time frame to complete renovations, complicated by a fire during the project
The Simplicity VoIP team worked with the school’s administrators and builders who were renovating the circa 1900 facility to devise a solution that met both needs. Despite project setbacks outside of the control of the contractors, Simplicity was able to help bring the project in on-time. In keeping with its parent company’s (Comtel Communications) core values of community service and support, Simplicity VoIP contributed to the equipment for each office and classroom, helping the school stay within budget while greatly improving overall communications.