The RMA staff is committed to being the ultimate resource for our members. Daily decisions are guided by RMA’s Mission and Core Values.
NANCY THOMAS, PRESIDENT/CEO
A true retailer at heart, Nancy Thomas leads RMA through its Mission, “to serve as the ultimate resource for local retailers to thrive” and our Core Values. She is so proud of her RMA team and their mindset of understanding that we are here to serve our members. This mindset is reflected in the quality of programs and services, and ultimately the professionalism of the RMA team.
- Coffee’s got to be strong and always with the real stuff- Half & Half
- A true NY pizza snob
- Loves to bake
DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION
Len is assistant to Nancy Thomas and Secretary of the Board of Directors as well as The 100 Club. She assists in the planning of RMA events, and with staff functions and training. Give her a call, if she doesn’t know the answer, she’ll find someone who does!
- Enjoying her part-time schedule – trying out painting classes at Crossroads Art Center!
- Known as Eagle Eye around RMA. Wonder why?
- “Len” is short for Ellen
MARKETING & MEMBERSHIP MANAGER
Diana works with the Membership and Marketing teams to plan and implement the departments’ strategic initiatives. She leads the team’s communication efforts to keep members up to date on all of their member benefits, including programs like Think. Shop. Buy. Local. She can usually be found collaborating with the team to create excellent products for our members.
- Born & raised in RVA
- Wishes she owned a bulldog
- Loves anything with cheese
MEMBER RELATIONS COORDINATOR
Addie is the Member Relations Coordinator, she uses her skills and experience to build relationships with RMA members and partnerships with other local merchant associations. She serves as the liaison between our merchant association members and RMA resources, as well as helps project manage specific tasks.
- Red wine-Yes Please!
- Running is my moving meditation
- Loving wife and mother of two
MEMBER RELATIONS ADVISOR
Sherry brings new members into RMA and serves as a resource for existing members. She helps members maximize their membership by guiding them through their benefits and ensuring they’re connecting, collaborating and engaged.
- Was a radio morning show host in her past career
- Is afraid of heights, but has been skydiving and bungee jumping
- Never met a hot sauce she didn’t like!
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Danni coordinates and designs an array of marketing materials to support RMA programs and keep members informed of upcoming events and happenings. A native Richmonder, she is passionate about the local community and embraces any opportunity to help it thrive.
- Can be found every Saturday in the donut line at the farmer’s market
- Loves hiking by the river with her dog, Murphy
- Considers herself an “ice cream connoisseur”
EVENTS & SPONSORSHIP COORDINATOR
Gretchen coordinates RMA events, like Connect@’s, First Friday Forums, RMA Member Appreciation Picnic, Key Sessions, and more! She also will help you find a meaningful place where your business can sponsor so that you can receive the best impact for your dollars.
- Avid foodie
- Hokie through and through
- Sat at Jimmy Fallon’s desk on The Tonight Show set
DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES
Preston is the point person at RMA for all functions of our 33,000 sq. ft. home office ensuring building, property, contracts, leases, telephone, and security requests are handled smoothly. He is also the liaison for member companies who have health insurance questions with Experient Health (a Virginia Farm Bureau company).
- Has 28 years of experience in retail management, buying, and operations prior to joining RMA in 1994
- Collects vintage toy cars and trucks
- Hand-built his Goochland County home on land deeded to the first owner by King George II of England in 1732
Kathy is responsible for managing all financial resources and accounting functions of RMA. She also serves as Treasurer on RMA’s Board of Directors. Kathy keeps our lights on while always managing to give the staff and RMA members her full attention.
- Old movies fanatic, especially Westerns
- Has a wicked sweet tooth and thinks donuts should be classified as a vegetable
- Has a love-hate relationship with technology
Jodi Roth represents the Virginia Retail Federation and the Virginia Association of Chain Drug Stores at the General Assembly, as well as the local and federal level.
- Loves to run
- Loves to watch her kids competitive swim
- A red wine snob
WEB & SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
Megan coordinates RMA and Think. Shop. Buy. Local’s web and social media presence. She works to strengthen our brands and to increase the value of RMA’s digital benefits.
- Star Wars geek
- Has a betta fish named Sushi (@myfriendsushi)